Discover what artists need to know about how to become commission ready for art and design in the public realm. This session is aimed at artists and arts organisations (from all art forms) wishing to engage with art and design in the public realm. It will include a brief overview of current public art and design thinking, practical advice on responding to commissions, an introduction to public art activity and context in Wiltshire and hands-on participatory sessions.
At the end of the session you should have a better understanding of: –
• how and why public art projects happen
• how artists are selected and projects are managed
• the role and scope of an artist
• how to approach and respond to a brief
• better understanding of what constitutes professionalism and why that’s important for artists and those with whom they work
The session will take place on Wednesday 20 November 2013, 12.20pm to 4.00pm at Warminster Civic Centre.
Wiltshire Council will be commissioning artists as it secures contributions for art and design in the public realm. The event is FREE, but in order to help with the room and tea/coffee arrangements, please book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org