This is an open call for practitioners to test new and innovative contemporary performance and dance work in front of a live audience.
Practice will consist of up to four selected extracts of work in progress by solo performers and companies, with the potential for some of the works to be further developed and performed at ICIA University of Bath and Salisbury Arts Centre.
The next Practice platform will take place at Salisbury Arts Centre on Wednesday 26 February 2014.
Practice creates a safe environment for an engaging exchange of views between artists and audiences. After the performances, there will be an informal discussion enabling you to receive feedback on the work and ask questions, opening up a genuine dialogue that will help develop the work further. This two-way communication is an integral part of the evening. So if you work with dance, if you work with theatre, if you’re a live artist, if you have an idea, if you have an experiment, why not test it at Practice?
Practice aims to prioritise the work of professional and emerging professional theatre and dance practitioners and companies who are developing ideas with a view to producing full-length works that will tour regionally, nationally or internationally. Ideally this will be work that fits with Salisbury Arts Centre and/or ICIA University of Bath’s programming policies, which include devised, physical theatre, mask work and puppetry, dance, live art and contemporary practice, family performance, performance by and for people with disabilities, multimedia and multi artform work and outdoor and site specific performance. We are particularly keen to encourage applicants based in Wiltshire, Bath and the South West.
There will be four Practice events each year. The event will be attended by producers from:
- BAC (Battersea Arts Centre)
- CEW (Creative Ecology Wiltshire – formerly TheatreWorks and Wiltshire Dancing)
- Theatre Bristol and/or Activate Performing Arts (Dorset)
If selected, you will:
- Present between ten and fifteen minutes of performance material
- Receive £100 performance fee plus a contribution towards expenses of £50
- Showcase your work at an exciting live event at Salisbury Arts Centre on Wednesday 26 February
- Have the opportunity to engage in a creative dialogue, about your work and that of the other artists, with real audiences to help inform your process and practice
- Meet other artists and companies presenting and develop potential future partnerships
For an application form or further information, please visit www.salisburyartscentre.co.uk email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01722 343020.
Application deadline is Friday 24 January 2014
Successful applications will be invited to present at Practice by Thursday 6 February
Practice date is Wednesday 26 February at 7pm at Salisbury Arts Centre