As part of the legacy for Wiltshire, we want to
- bring people together to deliver events and activities that create a positive change at community level.
- get more people active by encouraging them to take part in a activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Starting on 2 April 2014 and running for 12 weeks, we’re running a Wiltshire wide project called the Big Pledge. As an individual, group, business or community, you can make a difference to improve your health and wellbeing.
Pledge ideas include:
- Get fitter by running walking, cycling or losing weight
- Set aside 2 hours a week to volunteer in your community.
- Stop smoking or drinking for 12 weeks
- Organise a community event
- Attend a course or class to learn a new skill
Anybody and everybody can pledge, all we ask is that those under 16 taking part are part of a pledge group which is hosted by an adult over 18.
All you have to do is decide what you are going to pledge and register by emailing email@example.com.
Please include details of your name, town, email address, and what you are pledging to do.
We’ll send you regular emails offering you motivational support and encouragement throughout the pledge period. We’ll also provide you with details of the numerous agencies and organisations across the county who can provide additional information and support to complete your pledge.
You can stay in touch with us via Facebook, where we’ll be sharing pledges and updates and would love you to let us know how you’re getting on.
If you’re on Twitter, you can share your pledge ideas and progress using #BigPledge.
Not sure what to pledge?
For inspiration and information on health related pledges visit the public health section of our website.
For inspiration and information on activities to support a fitness related pledge, visit our sports and leisure pages.
Leave you Pledges as a comment below too!