ANDOVER BUSINESS PARK-PUBLIC ART COMMISSION
‘FLIGHT AND NAVIGATION’- PROJECT MANAGER
Accountable to: TVBC Arts Officer
TVBC and Goodman have recently commissioned Chris Brammall to undertake an exciting new public art project for Andover Business Park. The commission will be an important project for the town and the Business Park, and will need to be managed very carefully to ensure its smooth running over the next six months. TVBC are looking to appoint a project manager to co-ordinate the project from a local standpoint.
Project Management Roles and responsibilities:
- Regular reporting to Arts Officer on progress of the project
- Liaising with the artist, monitoring contract and ensuring it is met on time and on budget
- Advocacy locally, regionally and nationally.
- Organisation of community and/or stakeholder consultation in collaboration with artist
- Ensuring budget milestones are met prior to payment points.
- Setting up and overseeing maintenance, insurance and ownership issues
- Managing permissions and reporting procedures
- Monitoring technical, health and safety and risk assessment issues
- PR and marketing in collaboration with TVBC communications department – including social media.
- Coordinating with artist issues relating to installation including assisting with site research and preparation issues, transport requirements.
- Organisation of Launch Event
- Monitoring and evaluation process
- Trouble shooting
- Track record in project management for public art projects
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience of marketing and publicity
- Be able to work within Andover or demonstrate how you could fulfil the role taking account of the location
To apply please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining the qualities and experience that makes you suitable for the role by Friday 21st March 2014. An informal interview with shortlisted candidates will be held at the Lights, West Street, Andover. SP10 1AH on Friday 4th April 2014.
Project Management fees – £6000 to include fee and expenses.
Please contact Alex Hoare, Arts Officer, Test Valley Borough Council if you require any more information. email@example.com or 01264 368844.