The BAFA Spring Road Show #BAFA14RS brings festivals and events of all sizes together with leading professionals in a unique active learning forum and this year, responding to feedback, we have particularly selected our locations to coincide with a live festival: combining the theoretical with the practical!
- Cambridge: Friday 4 April, 1-5pm with Cambridge Literary Festival
- Edinburgh: Friday 11 April, 1-5pm with Edinburgh Science Festival
- London: Friday 25 April, 1-5pm with BAFA
- Cheltenham: Thursday 1 May, 105pm with Cheltenham Jazz Festival
The topic we shall be in exploring in 2014 is ‘development’ under our theme for the year ‘Access All Areas’:
- Audience Development: accessing new audiences – specifically the deaf and disabled sector with Attitude is Everything, StageText and other organisations that offer specialist advice
- Funding Development: how to access funding from Europe – specifically the new Creative Europe funding stream with case studies from organisations with EU funding success
- Employee Development: access to the new pension regulations with specialist advice from La Playa
- Programme Development: how – and why – to access the Cultural Attaché network
- Festival Development: for the ‘Fringe curious’ how to access and engage with the Fringe Festival network
- Marketing Development: access to national listings services with The List
These focussed, interactive afternoon seminars are designed with peer engagement at their core. A mix of specialist led sessions with round table, problem solving discussions in an informal atmosphere, there will also be a chance to engage with all our speakers on a 121 basis. Leave with more than you thought, more than you brought!
All BAFA events are open to anyone with an interest in festivals to attend. Book your places here: www.artsfestivals.co.uk/content/bafa-road-shows. BAFA Members £25 – bring a second colleague for FREE. Everyone Else £40 – ArtsDev Members 25% discount using this code: AD25