Who is it for?
- Music leaders/teachers with existing workshop and/or teaching experience including and least some experience of special needs, disability or challenging behaviour.
- Those wanting to get more work, at the more highly skilled end of the spectrum.
- Those with a genuine commitment to delivering high quality music work with children and young people with Special Educational Needs, Disabilities, and/or those disengaged from education or in challenging circumstances including looked after children, NEETs, young offenders, students excluded from school etc.
What is involved?
- Three training days (provisional dates Mon 3rd Nov, Mon 5th Jan & Mon 23rd Feb)
- Attendance at Wiltshire conference on Mon 16th Feb.
- Practical work experience – your existing paid work if you have some. Ideally at least 2hrs a week for a minimum of 7 weeks.
- Mentoring – 2 or 3 x 1h sessions supporting you in developing and implementing an individual learning plan
- Opportunities for additional visits & work experience.
- Supplementary CPD including: short courses, online training, reading, research etc.
This provision is being supported using Youth Music’s Musical Inclusion funding through a partnership between the Wiltshire, Swindon and Gloucestershire Music Education Hubs.
INTERESTED? Please hold the dates in your diary and contact Mark Bick by email for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org