Safe Network is pleased to announce the launch of our new safeguarding resource for faith groups: the Multi-faith safeguarding hub. This unique online resource produced by Safe Network and partners from across the faith and voluntary sector provides access to a range of information, resources, support and networking opportunities with a multi-faith focus. The hub aims to encourage faith based groups and organisations to share good safeguarding practice with each other. It covers the six main faiths in the UK; Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism as well as an Inter-faith section. Within each section you will find:
- a film showing personal faith statements and activities with children and young people
- faith-specific stories and texts which show how children and young people are valued
- safeguarding case scenarios
- examples of best practice
- information and resources
- details of specialist organisations or other relevant links.
The Multi-faith hub is suitable for:
- individuals with a safeguarding role in their faith setting
- support services, community groups or other organisations who engage with their faith sector on safeguarding issues
- local safeguarding children boards (LSCBs)
- anyone with an interest in safeguarding within a faith setting.