The cultural commissioning learning programme is designed to help middle and senior managers in arts, museums, libraries:
- engage in public service commissioning
- win contracts
- deliver great outcomes.
These events are part of the Cultural Commissioning Programme, a three year Arts Council England funded programme which runs to June 2016. We will be delivering a range of workstreams to:
- help arts organisations, museums and libraries to develop skills and capacity to engage in cultural commissioning
- enable commissioners to develop awareness and know-how of commissioning arts and cultural organisations to deliver public service outcomes
- encourage relationships between cultural providers and commissioners
- influence policy makers and raise the profile of this area of work.
Phase 1: This two-day session is designed to help you understand and prepare to engage in commissioning, and covers awareness-raising, knowledge and skills development. The session is delivered by Linden Rowley.
Phase 2: The second two-day session aims to help you understand how to demonstrate the impact of arts and cultural activities on public service outcomes and is delivered by Andrew Holden, Activist.
These will take place across the country. The Bristol dates are:
Phase 1 – 5-6 March
Phase 2 – 20-21 April
A discount is available to those booking onto both Phases.
The Learning Programme is being rolled out across England with further dates to follow. The learning programme brochure and more details are available online