Community First are delighted to announce that the Wiltshire Local Action Groups, Plain Action and Vale Action have secured just over £2.7m of funding through the LEADER programme funded by Defra.
The five year programme will enable support to be provided for projects in the Salisbury Plain area and along the A350 corridor.
The programme is directed at increasing jobs and the local economy in rural areas and project funding will be awarded within the following five areas:
- Increase the number of jobs and economic activity in the area.
- Enhance the tourism experience in the area.
- Increase agricultural productivity or increase efficiency.
- Work with communities to enhance rural life.
- Increase the economic return from woodland or forestry in the area.
For further details about the programme, please contact Plain Action Manager, Alan Truscott on 01380 732814 or email email@example.com