Tenovus Cancer Care are looking for creative, enthusiastic and organised person with a passion for helping others to work in our ‘Sing with Us’ choir team, to maintain and build on the high quality of our 15 Big Lottery funded Sing With Us choirs for cancer patients and their families.
In this role you will mentor and support the 9 Sing with Us Area Coordinators (choir leaders), to ensure their choir rehearsals are as fun, fulfilling and supportive as possible. You will also help the Sing with Us Manager in the planning and coordination of large-scale choir events, the sourcing of musical arrangements for the choirs and assisting at Sing with Us rehearsals and performances.
The ‘Sing With Us’ choirs have grown quickly and are now of significant importance to Tenovus Cancer Care, with nearly 1,000 members singing each week. Through them we aim to give cancer patients and their families an uplifting, energising experience.
- Experience of leading choirs to a high level
- Understanding of harmony and SATB choral arrangements
- Experience delivering projects to deadline
- Event management experience
- First class presentation skills with proven ability to facilitate group and individual learning
- Familiar with music scoring software (Sibelius, Finale) and recording software (GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, etc.)
- Strong organisation skills with particular attention to detail
- A full driving licence and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Energetic, enthusiastic and supportive
You will be required to undertake a DBS check for this role
Fixed-term until 31st May 2015, full time – £26,500 per annum
Location: Cardiff – with travel across Wales
If you would like to apply for this role please visit our website and register with us and complete our application process at www.tenovuscancercare.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/
Closing date for applications: 12th January 2015
Interview date: 22nd January 2015