BBC Children in Need has announced that the next applications deadline for its Main Grants Programme is the 13th January 2016. Funding is available to organisations that work with young people who:
- Are suffering from illness
- Are in distress
- Suffer abuse or neglect
- Are disabled
- Have behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Are living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
The Main grants programme is open to applications for grants of over £10,000. Examples of projects that recently received funding include:
- Mount St Catherine’s Out of School Club, Armagh, which received a grant of £18,728 to provide a daily after-school club and a summer scheme for children affected by multiple disadvantage, encouraging new friendships and offering support with school work.
- The Three Ways School in Bath which received a grant of £19,080 to provide activities for children and young people with disabilities.