ADUK is the lead organisation in a major national Youth Arts Festival Cymru, bringing young artists together to participate and celebrate arts in Wales. The programme will be for young people and directly programmed by them. The initiative has been supported by Arts Council Wales and the Major Events Unit of the Welsh Government and Arts Development UK will be the lead organisation for the Youth Arts Festival Cymru (YAFC), working closely with partnering organisations including:
- Arts Development UK (AD:UK)
- Youth Arts Network Cymru (YANC)
- Newport Live
- Venue Cymru
- Wales Millennium Centre (WMC)
ADUK is seeking to recruit a Festival Director on a freelance contract, initially for two years, and starting in early December 2015. The first annual Festival will take place in Newport at the Riverside Theatre in August 2016. The Director will develop, coordinate, and manage the development and execution of the Festival. Responsibilities will include:
- Curating: the strategic direction of the festival and seeking out new and exciting work
- Programming: scheduling the festival; liaising with Partners, youth arts leaders and participants over all details of the festival
- Fundraising: liaising with potential funders; writing funding bids
- Planning: development of the Business Plan, risk analysis and strategies to reduce risk, including liaison with the venues regarding health, safety and the safeguarding of young people.
- Staff, apprentice and volunteer management: day-to-day financial management, training; appraisal; establishing HR structures and HR handbook; recruitment
- Managing communications & marketing: establishing the brand and its identity; establishing initial marketing channels, in particular website, social media; day-to-day communications, public relations and press coverage; developmental work with potential participants; promotional activities for the festival
- Project initiation and management: resolving start-up issues such as organisational base, IT and phone provision, email accounts.
- Supporting the YAFC Steering Group and any working parties and the Board of Trustees in the development of the Festival on the programming and execution of the Festival.
An annual fee of £19,200.00 is available each year over the initial 2 year term of the contract
Your application should be send to email@example.com and should include:
- A letter setting out your relevant experience to date, your skills and your vision for the Youth Arts Festival Cymru.
- A copy of your current CV, highlighting relevant work and skills, including two referees (excluding ADUK).
For further information and details of the contract, please contact; Pete Bryan, ADUK Administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01269 824728.
Deadline: 12 November 2015
Interviews: 17 November 2015