Short Dance Film Competition by Pavilion Dance South West for films featuring mature dancers, to celebrate dance film, older people dancing and to share amazing work from across the globe. Deadline: 21 June 2016.
What PDSW are looking for:
- short dance films under 5 minutes long which are either creative or documentary. You will need to specify which category you are entering.
- The judges will be looking for a film that conveys a story or emotion or is beautiful or thought-provoking. It must work well in its entirety and demonstrate the potential for work created by or with older dancers. We recognize that there will be a mix of work by trained and untrained dancers and are looking at the overall film rather than at technique.
Timeline and screenings:
The winning films will be announced on 1 August 2016 and featured on the PDSW website.
They will be shown at the Joie de Vivre Dance in Time event on 9 October at Pavilion Dance, Bournemouth and at a range of events and venues over the next 3 years.
PDSW will add details of where they will be shown to their website as and when we have arrangements in place. Screenings will use your credits and they will be shared freely to celebrate older people dancing.
- PDSW Joie de Vivre Gold Award 2016;
- PDSW Joie de Vivre Silver Award 2016;
- PDSW Joie de Vivre Bronze Award 2016;
- PDSW Joie de Vivre Runner Up Award 2016
For more information and to find out how you can submit, visit the PDSW Website
Source: Arts and Health South West