Salisbury Playhouse are recruiting for an Assistant Director to work with award winning director Ryan McBryde on our upcoming production of Aladdin. This is a fantastic opportunity for an emerging director to work on a main stage show, gaining an insight into an established director’s rehearsal process and undertaking a number of key responsibilities such as working with understudies. As Assistant Director, your duties would include:
- To provide general assistance to the director.
- To carry out any research that will inform and benefit the production as agreed with the director.
- To observe rehearsals and have input in discussions and production meetings.
- To assist the company in documenting the rehearsal process for the purposes of marketing, archiving and evaluating the project through blogs, social media and other forms as agreed.
- To work with understudies throughout the rehearsal period and run understudy calls whilst the play is in performance
- To observe and assist the director in the production week as required.
- To support the company whilst the play is in performance as agreed with the director and stage manager, including attending and noting the production.
- Any further duties as required by the director.
Rehearsal dates: 7 November – 26 November 2016
Production week: w/c 28 November 2016
Performance run: 3 December 2016– 7 January 2017
Fee: £2000 plus expenses (expenses to be approved by Salisbury Playhouse)
To apply please email email@example.com with your C.V and a paragraph outlining your recent experience and why this opportunity would benefit your practice.
The deadline for submissions is 12 October 2016 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held w/c 17 October 2016.