Trowbridge Town Council are currently seeking a full time Museum Manager to cover a period of maternity leave, to support the Museum Curator in the realization of the vision for an expanded Museum by assuming responsibility for the day to day management.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Museum staff in the effective fulfilment of their roles and to ensure that the Museum adheres to the Arts Council’s accreditation standards and that it continues to abide by its three year plan.
- Working effectively with the appropriate Council departments or other external bodies to ensure that the Museum is appropriately maintained and that its security and the security of its collections, staff and visitors is assured.
- Working effectively with other Council departments to ensure that all financial data and Committee reports are accurately produced when requested and that budgets are adhered to.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Wiltshire Council’s Conservation, Museums and Arts Service, Visit Wiltshire and other appropriate organizations.
- Supporting the Museum Curator’s vision for an expanded and redeveloped Museum.
A degree in history or a history related subject is essential along with a degree or diploma in Museum Studies of AMA. You should have previous experience in managing a Museum or heritage venue and be familiar with accreditation and working to accreditation standards. Effective communication skills along with IT skills are also important.
- 11 Month Fixed Term Contract
- 37 hours per week £24,717 per annum (NJC Scale 28
Should you wish to apply, please complete Application Form attached there.
You are also requested to complete the Equal Opportunities Form. This will remain confidential and will not be considered when making an appointment. All information you supply, including your application, will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Once you have completed both forms, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The HR Manager, The Civic Centre, St Stephen’s Place, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8AH.
If you have any questions relating to the role, please speak to Clare Lyall, Museum Curator on 01225 751339.
Please be aware, we do not accept CV’s.
The closing date is Friday 14th October 2016
Interviews will be held the week Wednesday 17th October 2016
Start date: Tuesday 1st November 2016