Everything you need to know about large scale public art projects and how to get commissioned to do them. The event takes place at the Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester on 21 November 2016, between 1:30 and 5:30pm.
Why should you attend?
- Find out about how to visualise your large scale projects
- Get direct and professional advice from representatives from Public Art realm on the logistics of delivering public art projects, working to large scale and working to commission.
- Find out the top tips from experienced makers working in public art in the UK and aboard
Who is speaking?
- Emma Larkinson, Craftspace, specialist in public art commissioning and will be sharing her expertise in what you should be considering when working on large scale projects including Public Art.
- Experienced maker, Rebecca Gouldson will be sharing her experience of working on Public Art projects and the logistics you should be considering when working with commissioners abroad
- Julian Stocks sharing his knowledge of working on large scale projects in public spaces including the pitfalls you need to avoid.
What is on offer?
- Advice on what to expect when working on commissioned Public Art projects including contracts, budget planning, timescales and commitments from commissioner perspective, and what are the hidden considerations for example design drawings
- Inspirational speakers to advise and to help you realise your ambitious projects and share their experience with working aboard
- What potential resources are available including funding resources for large scale projects
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.