Arts 4 Dementia (A4D) seeks a project co-ordinator resident in Dorset to support, help deliver our Reawakening arts programme for people with early stage dementia.
Reawakening involves setting up inspirational projects at arts venues, mapping arts opportunities for dementia around Dorset, training sessions and creating an arts festival for dementia. We are working with Canterbury Christ Church and Bournemouth universities who will evaluate five weekly projects for participants with dementia and carers. The project report will be launched with a symposium on 21 September 2017.
The co-ordinator will assist the project director:
▪ Liaise with and handle bookings for artists and arts organisations wishing to attend training days in Bournemouth, Dorchester and Sherborne
▪ Liaise with arts, health and care organisations, respond to enquiries and take bookings to refer participants and assist at weekly arts projects in Bournemouth, Dorchester and Christchurch
▪ Contact, co-ordinate and help signpost Reawakening festival events through A4D, arts and health networks
▪ Assist production of the Reawakening report and symposium
▪ Liaise with A4D head office
The project will involve five mornings or afternoons a week depending on arts workshop hours and three full days for the training. The co-ordinator will be home-based and communicate with the director by email, telephone and at meetings in Dorset.
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Experienced in project management
▪ Experienced with websites, data management and Microsoft Office
▪ Experienced with marketing and social media to raise awareness
▪ Attentive to detail to achieve high quality
▪ Able to solve problems and manage time effectively
▪ Calm, reliable, motivated and resourceful
▪ Sensitive to vulnerable older people
Fixed term freelance contract for 9 months
Fee: £10,500 including VAT, plus travel and administration budget.
Deadline: 12th January 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 17 January
Contract start date: Before 26 January
Application – covering letter (two A4 pages max) and cv with contact details for two referees – by email to the project director Veronica Franklin Gould firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: arts jobs