Resource: Use of copyright music – a briefing from Voluntary Arts

The use of copyright music, whether through live performance or the playing of a recording in public, is often subject to licensing fees. These fees are collected and managed by agencies such as PRS for Music. Your group or venue might require a license if you make use of music that is under copyright.

In this Voluntary Arts Briefing, we navigate the potentially confusing territory of copyright licensing to give you the information you need to decide what kind of license, if any, your group might need. Among the topics covered are:

  • Copyright in composition
  • Copyright in recording
  • Community buildings licences
  • Music rights organisations
  • Common PRS Tariffs for venues

Download the Briefing at:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.