Bristol Museum & Art Gallery (Bristol Culture) is seeking to appoint a ceramic artist to facilitate an exciting opportunity linked to a forthcoming exhibition on studio pottery. We require a ceramicist to lead a minimum of five sessions in schools in the Bristol area. The school sessions will include leading handling, discussion, demonstration and practical ceramics workshops to Key Stage 2-3 students. We are looking for a ceramic artist who:
- has demonstrable experience of working with school children, aged 7-15, and teachers on practical projects in a school or similar setting.
- is confident leading approximately 30 children at a time in the practical production of ceramic objects.
- can provide adequate equipment for 30 children.
- can facilitate firing of objects and delivery to school as required.
- is confident leading an object-handling session and discussion on studio pottery.
- is able to produce one set of 5-6 ceramic objects, for use in school, in the style of those from the museum’s collection of studio pottery.
- is available to deliver 5 in-school sessions (dates between September 2017 – June 2018 TBC) with flexibility to deliver a further 3 dependent on funding.
Please contact Lucy Fulton, Engagement Officer, Formal Learning, at Bristol Culture, to request a full brief which includes details of the fee and how to submit an expression of interest: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 17 February 2017
Source: Bristol Creatives