The Oexmann Art Award bi-annual competition aims to encourage and promote Wiltshire artists and is open to everyone born or living in Wiltshire. Congratulations to all who took part and the award winners have now been announced:
- 1st prize: Lloyd Washington – TERMINUS, Acrylic
- 2nd prize: Linn O’Carroll – CARN GLOOSE – CAPE CORNWALL, Acrylic and graphite
- Drawing Prize: Vincent Stokes – LANDSCAPE STUDY, Pencil
- Purchase Prize: Samuel Croft – WADWORTH’S BREWERY, Pen and watercolour pencil
Young Persons Age 12 – 18:
- 1st Prize: Carolina Costa E. Silva, – UNTITLED, Acrylic
- 2nd Prize: Sophie Vowles, – AUDREY HEPBURN, Pencil
Young Persons Age 6 – 11:
- 1st Prize: Catalina Moffat, – FISH, Mixed media
- 2nd Prize: Kahlia Rutherford, – STONEHENGE, Watercolour
- 3rd Prize: Alf Twisk, – UNTITLED, Pencil
- 3D Prize: Max Wojtarowicz, – DRAGON, Papier-Mache.
The Awards Ceremony will take place at Wiltshire Museum, Long Street, Devizes from 2 pm on Sunday 2 April 2017 with prizes being presented by members of the Oexmann family.
The exhibition of winners, selected entries and children’s entries continues until Bank Holiday Monday 29 May 2017.