Our mission at Forestry Commission England is to connect everyone with the nation’s forests. We do this by creating and caring for our forests for people to enjoy, wildlife to flourish and business to grow.
In partnership with Arts Council England, our Forest Art Works programme is an important way for us to engage the public. It’s all about achieving great art and culture for everyone in the nation’s forests.
We are looking for someone to lead our national Arts Development Programme over the next three years to connect more people to our forests and to ensure they continue to be an important aspect of contemporary art both nationally and internationally.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree and/or Professional Qualification and/or relevant experience arts or a relevant field.
- Demonstrable success in developing and delivering arts projects that support the aims, objectives and ethos of the wider organisation.
- Demonstrable expertise in delivering a range of arts initiative within a community based environment.
- Proven track record of securing funding and stakeholder support to fund a wide range of arts projects and events within a predominantly outdoor environment.
- Competent IT user with experience of MS Office, web and social media platforms.
- Evidence of competence to manage a range of projects and their associated budgets.
- Experience of preparing plans and funding bids to support delivery of projects
- Relevant qualifications at post-graduate diploma or above or professional membership of a relevant organisation.
Location and travel:
The preferred location for this job is Bristol where our national office is based. However we will consider other Forestry Commission locations which provide easy access to the rest of the country. As the post involves dealing with contacts across England, regular travel with occasional stays away from home is a requirement of this post.
More information and apply:
To find out more about what the role entails, as well as details of our assessment criteria (competencies), please visit the Civil Service Recruitment Portal.
Closing date: 23 April 2017