Winchester Hat Fair in association with Theatre Royal Winchester is seeking an experienced Filmmaker / Design Installation artist with experience of leading workshops for Young People to lead an innovative education project in Hampshire and Corby.
The Living Portraits Project is funded as part of a two year programme of activity funded by the Celebrating Age grant.
Living Portraits requires a practitioner who will work with 4 groups of 16-18 year olds and 4 groups of older participants who will come together to create artworks of any form based on the older peoples’ life stories. The art works, in whatever form they arise (performance, poetry, visual art for example) will be captured as filmed installations and these films will be presented to accompany a remounted tour of a theatre show Four Score Years and Ten, by Flintlock Theatre, info here: http://hatfair.co.uk/out-there/out-there-past-projects/
Fee: £ 4500. Travel and accommodation provided in addition to this – limit to be agreed with candidate on appointment. The successful applicant will be responsible for their own VAT and NI arrangements.
Duration and deliverables:
- 4 film workshops delivered to older and younger participants in 4 locations (3 in Hampshire and 1 in Corby) to be delivered in June
- Liaising with students regarding materials requirements and co coordinating this to group budget allocations
- Mentoring of students through the making of their art works, designing/helping to transform spaces for them to film
- Filming of art works in 4 locations – July 2017
- Editing together of films ready to tour – August 2017
To apply, please send a CV/portfolio and covering letter detailing why your skills are applicable to this position to Amyp@hatfair.co.uk You can also contact this email if you wish to discuss the project prior to making an application.
Closing date: 10 May 2017