This is a senior post at Circomedia with primary responsibility for the general management of the facilities.
Whilst effectively managing the day to day building activities the post holder shall also be forward thinking and pro-active in addressing facilities, health and safety, environmental and related issues. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Artistic and Managing Director to monitor budgets, liaise with auditors and produce financial reports.
- To ensure that the buildings, site and facilities are managed and maintained to a consistently high standard
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and that all aspects are monitored, implemented and/or reviewed effectively and appropriately.
- In conjunction with the Artistic and Managing Director, and the Finance Officer, to forecast, structure and report on budgets for relevant areas and to manage financial transactions
- To liaise with the landlords of both sites
- To take overall responsibility for IT and communications
- To be a licence holder for the venue
- Ensure HR records are maintained and that policies are updated
Circomedia delivers education at HE level (Foundation Degree and 3rd year BA top up in partnership with Bath Spa University), at FE level (BTEC Diploma and Extended Diploma in partnership with Weston College), and an MA in Directing Circus will start in September 2017. Circomedia also offers vocational training leading to its own certificate, along with a range of recreational classes and a youth circus.
Circomedia showcases new and emerging work focusing on physical performance at its performance venue, St Paul’s Church in central Bristol, and provides support for artists creating this work. Across both locations the organisation also strives to build effective working partnerships, be engaged with community events and offer business services to include facility hire and bespoke events packages.
More details online.
Deadline: 10am, 5 June 2017