The next closing date for grant applications to the Arts Council, England Strategic Touring Programme is the 14th July 2017. The £35 million Strategic touring programme provides in excess of £15,000 for projects that encourage collaboration between organisations, so more people across England experience and are inspired by the arts, particularly in places which rely on touring for much of their arts provision. The funding is available to both organisations and individuals. Partnerships, networks and consortia can also apply. These can include:
- Marketing or audience development specialists
- Local authority representatives; etc.
There is no upper limit on the amount of grant funding that can be applied for. Previous projects supported through the programme include:
- Emccan CIC – Flight of Fantasy, which received a grant of £76,450 to take professional Caribbean carnival to new audiences in the Midlands, North and South West of England.
- SeaChange Arts – Coasters which received a grant of £987,500 to take innovative, high quality international indoor and outdoor circus and street arts work to coastal towns across England.
- zeroPlus Theatre (West Midlands), a Theatre in Education company that wishes to establish a touring network in London, the Midlands, and the South East by touring two new productions that hope to engage South Asian audiences and young people from area of low arts engagement.
- Tara Arts Group Ltd (London), an Asian-led London based theatre company that champions creative diversity through cross-cultural theatre.
Read more online.