HMRC is offering digital support for the self-employed in June. It has a selection of webinars and e-learning available to help them get their tax right first time.
- Business Expenses for the self-employed: Do your members know which business expenses are allowable? Find out about typical expenses including working from home and motoring expenses.
- Record Keeping for the self-employed: Discover what records to keep, how to set up a system and how long to keep them for.
- Car Expenses and the self-employed: This webinar will advise members on how to use the simplified expenses method, as well as the actual costs method (including capital allowances) and also covers leasing a car and personal contract purchases.
- VAT and Motoring Expenses: This webinar will explain how to avoid common errors with VAT motoring expenses and provide a reminder of the general rules that apply when reclaiming VAT on the purchase of cars and when hiring and leasing vehicles.
- VAT – an introduction: In this live, interactive webinar, you’ll discover how VAT works. Learn about the basics of VAT – including registering, rates of VAT, your online return and more…
There will be the usual opportunity to ask HMRC subject matter experts your questions.
Source: Voluntary Arts