The Trust is looking for a Hon. Curator to continue and to build upon the work that has been ongoing for the past 50 years to keep alive the history and importance of the Somerset & Dorset Railway and its predecessor companies, through preservation, custodianship, display and interpretation of material evidence (including artefacts, archives and oral testimony). Our aim is to promote and facilitate public understanding of the significance of the Somerset & Dorset Railway as a major cross-country rail route, its importance to the communities through which it passed, and the social impact of its closure.
- The Museum Curators role is to:
- maintain, conserve and develop the collections in accordance with the accreditation standard.
- advise the Trustees on, and oversee, the development of the museum and its exhibits
- maintain the museum catalogue and documentation systems in accordance with Spectrum standards
- provide information on the museum collection to enquiries from the membership and to a lesser extent, the public
- regularly update the Trustees on museum matters
Interview Date: TBA
Please contact: Mr Godfrey Baker – email@example.com – Tel. 01308 424630
Address of organisation: Washford Station, Washford, Watchet, Somerset TA23 0PP
Legal Status: Charitable Trust and Company Limited by Guarantee
Deadline for completed applications: Thursday 31 August 2017