Wiltshire Council’s local studies and arts services wish to locate, record and photograph public art, namely artworks made by an artist, arts practitioner or craftsperson and located in publicly accessible spaces and places in Wiltshire. We’re looking for volunteers (individuals and groups) to help us gather data on public art in the community such as location of the item, its condition, what is known of it and a photograph of it in situ. Workshops will be run to help prepare, organise and collate material.
Data collected as part of the project will be made available in the Local Studies Library at the Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre with images deposited in the Historic Photograph and Print Collection. The images will then be pinned to the Know Your Place site http://www.kypwest.org.uk/ to map their location geographically.
To volunteer for the project please contact Local Studies.
Come and find out more and register your interest at various workshops across the county:
- 6 July 2017, 6pm to 7pm at Bradford on Avon Library
- 11 July 2017, 6 to 7pm at Calne Library
- 20 July 2017, 6 to 7pm at Marlborough Library
- 14 August 2017, 6 to 7pm at Malmesbury Library
- 15 August 2017, 6 to 7pm at Salisbury Library
- 21 August 2017, 6 to 7pm at Corsham Library
- 14 September, 6-7pm at Devizes Library
Book online at https://creativewiltshire.com/get-involved/