The Shoebox Theatre is looking a Freelance Drama Workshop Facilitator to deliver its weekly youth theatre education programme (ages 14-17) starting on the 25th September 2017. You will be responsible for planning and delivering fun, energetic and imaginative workshops with a strong focus on contemporary theatre practices including devised and immersive theatre, physical theatre, contemporary approaches to script and storytelling.
The ideal candidate will have proven history as a contemporary theatre maker, as well as successfully leading workshops for young people and will have a creative approach to teaching. A good balance of strong planning skills and a flexible and adaptable approach is essential.
Classes run from 5pm until 8pm at the Shoebox Theatre in Swindon.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a contemporary theatre maker, regularly creating exciting new work
- Be skilled and experienced in contemporary theatre facilitation, planning, process and performance for young people.
- Be able to plan lessons on a term by term basis.
- Be enthusiastic, creative and a good team player.
- Be flexible, adaptable and have a good sense of fun.
- Be educated to degree level in a performing arts subject.
- Be able to provide an up to date DBS check.
Please send your C.V. outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: £35 per hour (3 hours per week during term times only) on a freelance basis
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th September 2017
To find out more about the Shoebox Theatre visit www.shoeboxtheatre.org.uk