In this one-day workshop led by Matt Cross, you will be introduced to the technical demands of acting for film, explore the differences between stage and screen acting and develop techniques that will help you create powerful on-screen performances. It’s ideal for those who wish to broaden their performance skills and learn the basics of acting for screen.
The session will include the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of screen technique and how to perform in front of a camera, including camera shots, characterisation, hitting marks, technical jargon, close-ups, movement and continuity.
- Perform a scene from a Film or Television programme and receive feedback.
- Develop knowledge and experience in the casting process for TV, Film and commercials.
- Learn how to self-tape using a smart phone video camera.
- Saturday 17th of February 2018, 10am-4pm
- Suitable for ages 18+
- Shoebox Theatre, Swindon