Wiltshire Rural Music is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Chairperson for this developing charity. With a rich heritage of over 80 years delivering exciting music opportunities across the county, Wiltshire Rural Music is a small charity which seeks someone who shares our values and who will support the strategic delivery of our vision and mission.
Wiltshire Rural Music provides opportunities for people to participate in music-making through our ensembles and workshops and gives financial support to individuals and families through our bursaries and awards. We also oﬀer an extensive instrument loan scheme.
Working from our own venue in Trowbridge our small team of staﬀ is responsible for programming our outreach project, Music on Your Doorstep, talking to rural communities and helping to improve opportunities for local people to engage with music.
For individuals and communities in Wiltshire to discover, explore and engage with music-making.
To encourage people to participate, appreciate and celebrate music-making.
We believe that
- Music is for everyone and there should be no barriers to participation
- This should be achieved in collaboration with individuals and communities to provide bespoke opportunities to meet their needs, interests and ambitions
- We should support, encourage and nurture all forms of music making
- Music-making opportunities should be inclusive and diverse to engage and support our modern society
As well as driving forward overall strategies, programmes, and policies, and delivering the administrative aspects of the role such as chairing meetings including the AGM and managing the Board agendas, the role of the Chair includes:
- Promoting the presence and role of Wiltshire Rural Music and engaging its Membership
- Working closely with the Creative Director, Development Manager and Administrator
- Recruiting the Board and developing its eﬀectiveness
- Making connections at senior level with stakeholder organisations
- Ensuring good governance in close collaboration with the Company Secretary
- Forward thinking, enabling and supporting our staﬀ
- This is a voluntary position.
Anyone wishing to be considered for this position please contact Claire King: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website for more information about the charity at: http://wiltshireruralmusicschool.co.uk