This is essential training for anyone working directly with young people. Undertaking practical workshops and activities requires a broad understanding of youth culture and the issues surrounding young people’s lives. There are added pressures of working directly with young people at risk, one of which is having the skills, knowledge and experience to be able to support behaviour effectively and responsively.
This course will discuss behaviour strategies, health and safety issues and risk assessment. You will also look at ways of promoting a style of engagement with young people that supports their wellbeing and individual needs, and helps them to succeed and achieve.
Ideal if you work directly with children and young people in the arts and cultural sectors.
You will gain:
- A better understanding of behavioural issues, potential causes and the best ways to respond to them
- Strategies to respond and adapt to individual behavioural needs
- Flexible approaches to use in your own work with young people
- Explore the challenges and risks involved in undertaking specific artform- based projects
- Share personal concerns and previous experiences in a supportive environment as you learn new ways to overcome future challenges
Trainer: Sally Clements
Thursday 22 November 2018, Watershed Arts, Bristol
£150per person, including lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance for each delegate.
Book your place online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-behaviour-supporting-young-people-to-achieve-succeed-tickets-47068691724, or for advice and information, please contact the Professional Development team via firstname.lastname@example.org / 02380 332491