The National Lottery Heritage Fund (previously The Heritage Lottery Fund) has published its Strategic Funding Framework 2019-2024. At the heart of their new plans, there is a major devolution of decision-making across the whole of the UK to distribute more than £1billion of National Lottery money to the UK’s heritage over the next five years.
The promote a new, simplified portfolio of:
- National Lottery Grants for Heritage – an open programme for any type of heritage project from £3,000–£5million
- Heritage funding campaigns designed to fulfil strategic needs or funding gaps. The first two campaigns will launch in 2019, focusing on helping:
- organisations build their capacity and organisational resilience
- to build digital capabilities
- Joint funds to deliver strategic initiatives in partnership with other organisations, such as the Future Parks Accelerator partnership with the National Trust
- Social investments such as impact funds and loans
- Two rounds of major grants of over £5m in 2020–21 and 2022–23
National Lottery Grants for Heritage can be applied for immediately. Application forms and processes will be simpler for smaller grants and an early expression of interest stage has been introduced for larger grants. More details at https://www.heritagefund.org.uk/funding/how-get-funding
Details on other new funding areas will be rolled out during 2019.