Wiltshire Creative is a new pan-arts organisation that brings together the energy and aspirations of Salisbury Arts Centre, Salisbury International Arts Festival and Salisbury Playhouse. It is an ambitious and innovative joint arts offer that shapes and strengthens a future for audiences, artists and participants.
Based in the city of Salisbury Wiltshire Creative draws audiences from across the county and beyond. As part of the visual arts programme we seek to showcase work that has been created locally. This year we are looking forward to introducing the first ever Wiltshire Creative Summer Open Exhibition.
This exhibition will provide a platform for artists at any stage of their career based in Wiltshire and adjoining counties. The Summer Open Exhibition dates are 22 July – 7 September 2019
We are looking for work in any media across 2D and wall-hung shallow relief (up to 70 mm in depth.) These can include painting, drawing, photography, textiles, wood, mixed-media, ceramics, glass etc.
Artist should submit:
- A maximum of two images together with the exact dimensions of the work
- The selling price of the work which must include Wiltshire Creative’s commission of 45%. (VAT is deducted by Wiltshire Creative from this commission)
- Description of the medium used
- 25 word artist’s statement
- Postal address
- Telephone number
Work will be selected according to the strength of the execution and the originality of the idea and taking into consideration the constraints of our grade 2 listed building.
Please note that if your application doesn’t meet the above criteria it will not be considered.
The winner of a public vote will receive £100. Only actual visitors to the exhibition will be able to vote (no online vote).
Deadline for submissions is 31 May 2019
Selection panel will meet on 12 June 2019. The panellists are:
- Peter Stamps from ARTiculation
- Sharon Noble Proprietor of Noble Arts (purveyors of arts materials)
- Francesca Mclean MA and
- Mirka Golden-Hann MA Resident Artist at Wiltshire Creative
Selected artist will be notified by email by 19 June 2019
Only selected artists will be notified. If you haven’t heard from us by 21 June 2019, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
- Successful artists will be asked to deliver work to Salisbury Arts Centre on 13th July 2019, 9am-1pm
- All work must be supplied with suitable hanging fixings.
- Wiltshire Creative staff are responsible for hanging the exhibition.
- Wiltshire Creative will insure the work whilst on our premises.
- Artists are requested to make their own arrangements to collect unsold work on 9 September 2019
- Please note we do not have storage facility on-site and artwork will be disposed of if left uncollected after 11 September 2019.
More details and submit at https://www.wiltshirecreative.co.uk/artist-development/opportunities/