Following the two year Inquiry into the Civic Role of Arts Organisations, the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is working with partners across the country to support a series of conferences. These events will share experiences, discuss, debate and imagine the significance of a civic role for arts organisations.
All the conferences will address the same overarching theme, but each venue will have a specific focus.
- 10 June 2019, Manchester: ‘Partnerships, People and Power Dynamics’
- 19 June 2019, Gateshead: ‘The Art of Cultural Democracy’
- 21 June 2019, London: ‘Cultural Spaces: Temples or Town Halls?’
- 28th June 2019, Bristol: ‘Art: A Catalyst for Radical Change’
- September 2019 (tbc) Birmingham: ‘Flagship Cultural Events: Risks and Rewards’
The events are free, but tickets must be booked via Eventbrite and places are limited.